Environmental Preservation Activities・Material Balance
FY2019 Environmental Conservation Activities
● Preventing Global Warming
CO2 emissions were expected to rise, but they are lower than last year due to energy-saving efforts. We were unable to attain our targets for CO2 emissions per unit of production value.
● Conserving Biodiversity
SMK-J held an environmental learning course for elementary school children in the neighborhood. Through this course, they understood the relationship between environmental conservation and biodiversity and its importance.
● Effective Use of Resources
As a result of efforts to eliminate waste in manufacturing processes, we reduced the total amount of discharged waste and achieved our target.
● Effective Responses for the Management of Environment-related Substances
We greatly improved the environment-related substance management system by adding new features.
● Strengthening Eco-friendly Design Approach
To integrate product assessment and environmentally friendly (eco) products, we tried and tested a new re-configured eco-product management system. We will carry out more detailed activities in line with the integration plan during the 2020 financial year.
At SMK, we work to track, analyze, and reduce the material balance (environment footprint) of each process throughout the Group, from product design and development to manufacturing and sales.
- Message from the Management
- Environmental management
- Environmental Preservation Activities・Material Balance
- Energy and Resource Saving Results
- Environmental Accounting
- Environmental Preservation Activity Reports