Proposal for a New Operation Method in Resistive Touch Panels Development of a Resistive Touch Panel with a Proximity Sensing Function
Recently, our firm commercialized a resistive touch panel with a proximity sensing function that recognizes when a hand is brought close to it and started sales promotion activities for this.
With the growing popularity of smartphones and tablets, attention has been focused on capacitive touch panels, which are capable of supporting multi-touch, flick Note1) and hover Note2). However, resistive touch panels which detect input with the push of a finger or pen are still being used in a wide range of applications because they are low cost and it is possible to obtain stable input with operation errors less likely to occur.
Our firm has developed a touch panel with a proximity sensing function as a proposal for a new input method in resistive touch panels. This makes it possible to detect input at a distance of up to 5 cm from the touch panel operation surface. Various operations become possible when a hand is held up to touch panels with this proximity function.
・A screen that is OFF can be switched ON. (Refer to the【Product Photograph】)
・The device can automatically switch from the view screen to the input mode screen.
・This can be made to function as a non-contact switch separate from touch operations. (Refer to the【Product Photograph】)
Note1) Flick: This is an operation to slide just by lightly touching the screen with a finger or pen.
Note2) Hover: This is a touch assist function that makes operations possible even without directly coming into contact with the touch panel.
|Product Name||Resistive Touch Panel with a Proximity Sensing Function|
1) We have realized a proximity sensing function by using a 4-wire resistive system touch panel that utilizes a dedicated controller IC.
4-wire resistive system（12bit-AD）
|Proximity sensing detection distance||Max 50mm|
|Size||2.5 inch ～ 10.1 inch|
|Applications||Office equipment（Photocopying machines, Printers）, |
Automotive equipment（Car navigation systems etc）, FA equipment,
Medical equipment etc
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact the TP Division|
- April, 2021 ~ March, 2022
- April, 2020 ~ March, 2021
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007