SMK Expands ID-Multi™ Wire-to-Board ID Connectors With a Side-Entry Version.
The SMK Side-Entry ID-Multi™ is the Industry’s Smallest.
SMK Corporation has designed a new ID-Multi™ wire-to-board ID connector for multipolar applications. This product is the industry’s smallest side-entry-type connector of its kind and is designed for miniature devices such as smartphones, wearable devices and tablet PCs.
In recent years the increasing trend toward miniaturization and thin-profile design of devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs has driven mounting demand for cable-connection-type connectors that occupy little space on circuit boards and feature low product height, for use in connection of microphones, speakers, batteries and other components.
Currently we manufacture a top-entry-type ID-01, ID-02, and ID-Multi ™ Series miniature ID connectors. SMK has expanded its repertoire with the development of the side-entry-type ID-Multi™ Series.
The new connector achieves the industry’s most compact dimensions when fitted together, at 2.5mm (L) × 3.2mm (W) × 1.2mm (H). As such the side-entry-type ID-Multi™ Series can be expected to contribute significantly to the development of more compact, thin-profile devices. The locking structure adopts a half-lock system that delivers an exceptionally favorable fit-together feeling. The two-point contact structure of the connector achieves high contact reliability while affording solid resistance to vibration and shock from impact.
With the availability of both top-entry-type and side-entry-type connectors, we benefit from improved freedom of set designing.
|Product Name||“Side-Entry-Type” Wire-to-Board ID Connectors|
|Drawing № CFX5702-0101F (Plug PWB)|
1) With dimensions of just 2.5mm (L) × 3.2mm (W) × 1.2mm (H) when fitted together, the ID-Multi™ Series is the industry’s smallest side-entry-type connector.
|Rating||AC/DC: 30V AC/DC:1A/Pin|
|Contact Resistance||20mΩ maximum|
|Withstanding Voltage||AC250V, one minute interrupting current: 2mA|
(However, there are no abnormalities,
such as an arc and dielectric breakdown)
|Operating Temperature Range||-25℃～+85℃|
|Applications||Smart phone, wearable device, tablet PC etc.|
|Release Date||August, 2014|
|Inquiry||For more information, Please contact the CS Division|
- April, 2021 ~ March, 2022
- April, 2020 ~ March, 2021
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007