SMK Develops Dual Mode Communication Module
Equipped with Both
Bluetooth® Classic and Bluetooth® Low Energy
SMK Corporation has developed dual-mode Bluetooth modules “BT801” and “BT801-AP2” (collectively called “BT801 Series”) that support both Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy communications. The new series has the same shape and pin- and command-compatibility with the conventional BT401 Series, making it easy to replace them.
The dual-mode support enables both the use of the older Bluetooth Classic standard for high-speed transmission of large amounts of data and the newer Bluetooth Low Energy standard for low-speed, ultra-low power consumption, which is suitable for IoT devices. That makes it easy for customers to implement Bluetooth.
The BT801 is a complete module that implements both SPP*1 and SSS*2, a serial communication service developed by SMK, and enables data communication with smartphones and tablet devices. The BT801-AP2 supports Apple's iAP*3 protocol in addition to the specifications of the BT801, enabling data communication with iPhone and iPad via iAP.
SMK intends to continue expanding the lineup of RF modules to meet the customers' diverse needs.
|Bluetooth Classic||Bluetooth Low Energy|
Mobile printers, barcode readers, measuring instruments,
healthcare equipment, and smartphone accessories, etc.
*1 SPP: A Bluetooth profile, which defines the procedures for sending and receiving data by
using Bluetooth communication like a virtual serial port.
*2 SSS: Abbreviation of SMK Serial port Service. An original service of SMK for serial
communication over Generic attribute profile (GATT).
*3 iAP: Abbreviation of iPod Accessory Protocol of Apple Inc.
It will be necessary to join Apple Inc.'s MFi license program to use the BT801-AP2 module.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
and any use of such marks by SMK Corporation is under license.
* iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
|Published Date||October 7th, 2020|
|Press Release Number||1132RD|
|Product Name||Dual-Mode Bluetooth® Module “BT801 Series”|
1) Equipped with both Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy.
|Bluetooth Specification||Version 5.0|
|Supply Voltage||2.7 to 3.6V DC|
|Output Power||+8dBm (Typ.)|
|Antenna Type||Build-in printed antenna|
|External Dimensions||25.0mm (W) × 11.0 (D) × 2.3mm (H)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to ＋85°C|
|Start Taking Orders From||Started|
|Goes Into Mass Production From||December 2020 (BT801), March 2021 (BT801-AP2)|
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact R&D Center.|
- April, 2020 ~
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007