SMK Develops Terminal for Small Mobile Devices
Featuring Industry’s Smallest* Mounting Area
SMK has developed “Ultra Small Terminal Series”, terminals with a minimized mounting area for ground connection and antenna connection of small mobile devices.
Reduction of the mounting area is a critical factor for components used in small devices such as smartphones and wearable devices. Small Terminals are required further downsizing and, at the same time, a wide range of lineup with various heights.
SMK’s “Ultra Small Terminal Series” achieved the industry’s smallest mounting area with a width of 0.9 mm and a length of 1.8 mm. It is about 60% smaller than SMK’s conventional product (RT Series).
There are currently four types in this series: UST-1 (operating height range: 0.45 to 0.75 mm), UST-2 (0.6 to 0.9 mm), UST-3 (0.75 to 1.05 mm), and UST-7 (1.35 to 1.65 mm). SMK plans to sequentially develop UST-4, UST-5, and UST-6 (0.9 to 1.5 mm）in the future.
In addition, it can transmit a current of 1.5A at 5V DC, making it usable also for power connection.
* According to SMK's research.
Ground connection of smart watches, antenna connection of smartphones,
ground, antenna, and power connection of other small and thin devices.
|Published Date||January 13th, 2022|
|Press Release Number||1143CS|
|Product Name||Ultra Small Terminal
Part Number: 415CPB-239-50F (UST-1), 415CPB-258-50F (UST-2),
415CPB-259-50F (UST-3), 415CPB-260-50F (UST-7)
1) Industry’s smallest mounting area.
|Rating||5V DC, 1.5A|
|Contact Resistance||50ｍΩ maximum|
|Operating Temperature Range||-45°C to ＋85°C|
|External Dimensions||0.9 mm (W) × 1.8 mm (L)
*Height varies by part number
|Mounting Area||1.8mm2 (maximum)
*Size of recommended pad in PCB
|Operating Life||10 cycles|
|Mounting Method||Surface mounting|
|Start Taking Orders From||Started|
|Goes Into Mass Production From||UST-1 Started
UST-2,3,7 May 2022
|Production Capacity||2,000,000 units per month|
|Sample Price||100 yen per unit|
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact CS Division.|
- April, 2022 ~ March, 2023
- April, 2021 ~ March, 2022
- April, 2020 ~ March, 2021
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007